Greetings all!

I am a glowforge geek, maker, tinkerer modded my glowforge basic with Pass thru and z-axis - Also I have taken apart several broken units and learned as much about the hardware as I can.

If someone needs a part or insight into any function I will try and help!

Jonathan

2 Likes

It’s good to see you here. :slight_smile:

Thanks tim, It seems I am one of a few people still actively hacking glowforges, wanting to mod and improve. – like its a lost art! a friend sent me a message about the site, being re-opened But he lurking :slight_smile:

I have been toying with the Idea of building an interface board between the Glowforge and the Ruida controller as the answer if they ever do. disappear, I have extra motherboards for any hardware hacker out there who would like to get involved,.

Jonathan

1 Like

I am very happy to have access to everyone’s incredible and helpful insights! Thank you.

First of all, I am extremely pleased that this site has been resurrected. There is so much value (and adventure!) in being able to explore, decompile, understand, modify, and hack these amazing pieces of technology we’ve invested so much in.

Secondly, I am happy to see your smiling (avatar) face here, Jonathan. I’ve missed reading your GF-hacking escapades over on the “official” forum.

Onward!

Thanks, The living dead clique @ official held me in check.
– And I am absolutely thrilled this site is back!

Jonathan

1 Like