Wheels for Laser head assembly

I suspect that you will have better luck getting spare wheels than in getting a refund. If you haven’t already post your experience as calmly as you can on Glowforge’s forum in the Problems and Support section and mention on unhappy you are with GF’s failure to come through as promised. There’s a good chance that one of the fan boys there will bring your plight to the attention of CS (if CS doesn’t see it 1st) and get your parts shipped quickly.

1 Like

No one seems to have suggested molding a replacement, say from epoxy, in a silicone rubber mold, taken from a good wheel. Is that not feasible ?

Still seems to me that machining them from Delrin, Nylon, or UHMW makes more sense from a cost standpoint given the possibly small number that are needed. For thousands per moth, injection molding is probably cheaper and faster.

I was assuming the OP might not have a suitable workshop/equipment/skill, whereas a tub of silicone rubber plus epoxy, or even casting resin might be readily available for a DIY solution.
Once the initial mold is made, what if they do wear out or break - just cast more !
:upside_down_face:

I have the whole module available for sale, PM me if you need it.